Kitten's Korner

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Confounded Technology

Speech competitions are tomorrow, and I'm not quite finished with my persuasive speech yet. *gulp* I have a reason, but it's not a very good one. Here it goes:

I had my entire thing done except but I didn't have any detail on my sources except the title, so Ms. S (my speech teacher) wanted me to have more information on them (copyright date, is it a book, etc.) I had thought that all my info had been picked up off of the E-Library (an online resource center that the school subscribes to) and so I was madly racing to find the info again so I could add the details that I needed. The thing is, though, I could only find two of the three that I really needed. I looked and looked and looked, but I couldn't find the third source no matter how hard I tried. I searched until my head felt heavy and I couldn't think straight anymore. Filled with rage at the stupid E-Library, I marched into the speech room and wrote in big black letters on the Wall of Fame that I HATED the E-Library. This was totally okay, because the Wall of Fame is actually a sheet of paper Ms. S put up on the wall so we could write whatever we wanted on it.

Anyway, I came home today after staying after school to practice what I had on this speech and my complete Dramatic Interp. with Ms. S ready to search for hours on the internet for something with similar information to that one that I couldn't find so that I could just change the source to the site that I found. So I typed in some keywords on Google, and you wouldn't guess what came up on the first page. The source that I couldn't find on the E-Library. Turns out I didn't get all my sources from the E-Library.

And so, E-Library, I apologize for all the contempt I felt toward you. I'll try to control myself next time. If I feel like it on Monday, I'll erase my mean message to you on the Wall of Fame, but don't count on it.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/11/05 8:24 AM, Blogger katiescarlet said…

    I watched your dad's vlog, and therefore your video. Very cool! You are truly talented, in many many areas!

    God bless

     

Post a Comment

<< Home