Kitten's Korner

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Sing a Happy Song

Sorry I haven't been updating at all lately. I haven't been able to get on the computer much because Dad's been working on this big project and hasn't wanted my brothers or me getting online. I've only been able to check my e-mail, but I asked if I could update my blog and, as you can see, the response was affirmative.

School starts up on Monday. I'm excited to finally be going into the high school, and a little intimidated. Those of you who read my blog regularly already know that I plan to graduate a year early so that I will be able to go to Japan as a foreign exchange student my Senior year. In preparation for that, I have written out all the classes that I hope to take in order to do this. Doubling up on classes and squeezing in all the honers and AP courses I could, there was no room left on my written schedule for any choir classes. This means that *sad sigh* I would be unable to be in any of the school musicals. So, assuming that I am able to get into all the classes I wrote down, one of my life goals of making lead in one of them (I would have only gotten one shot anyway, seeing as only Juniors and Seniors are allowed to be in those anyway) would be forever unfulfilled. Then, all of a sudden, I get this wonderful news. You no longer need to be in choir to audition for the musicals! Not only that, but there's going to be one this year (I think it's about Huck Finn, but I'm not sure) that everyone can try out for! Yay!

I'm so happy. God is so loving on me right now. I doubt if I'll make a big part if I do try out, but I'm going for it anyway. We'll just see how things turn out.

3 Comments:

  • At 18/8/05 12:35 PM, Blogger katiescarlet said…

    hi there. Our schools in california, where I live, started on the 15th.

    Glad to hear you can still try out for the musicals! I bet you're a great actress!

    I was happy to see you in July! I have a blog now too, http://mistsue.blogspot.com/ Come check it out.

     
  • At 18/8/05 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What GREAT NEWS. That sure makes this grandma happy.
    LOVE YA SWEETIE. I want front row seats.

     
  • At 18/8/05 9:16 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Hope you get a great part.

    You'll love Japan, it's a wonderful country.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home