Kitten's Korner

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Supersize Me

Supersize Me is a movie that makes you very self conscious of just how much junk food and physical activity you actually have in your daily life. I was watching it today while my brothers were at G-ma’s, and I realized that I do next to no physical anything. The strongest muscles in my body are probably my fingers because they get such a work out hitting keys on the computer keyboard and piano and turning pages in the new Harry Potter book that G-ma and G-pa bought for me and that I have become addicted to. (It goes everywhere I go and my nose is always somewhere between its pages.)

Inspired, I jumped off my lazy butt and went to the garage to grab my bike. I felt mocked at the sight of it. To emphasize my lack of physical activity, dust, cobwebs, and even a spider web complete with little black spider in the middle covered my bike. There was another spider crawling around on the handlebars. After much dusting and a little bit of time pumping up the tires, I was on my way out. I didn’t go much of anywhere, just spent an hour riding through the streets of my town. I went to G-ma’s to get some water about half way through (it was pretty humid outside today) I rode around downtown, and just basically wandered. I did find a house for sale with a box of flyers, which I grabbed. I do every time I see one and keep them in my room for if I ever need inspiration for a house in one of my stories. Just a fun little thing I do. Anyway, around a half hour through the trip, I started feeling rawness on the inside of my legs by the seat. I am so going to feel that saddle burn in the morning, but I pushed myself to go the full hour. I did it, and I am very proud of myself. Surprisingly, I don’t feel very tired at all, which means I’m either not in as bad shape as I though I was or I didn’t work hard enough. Oh, well. I’m hoping to do this as much as I can for what is left of summer holiday. Only three weeks left. Better make the best of them.

When I finally got home, I was greeted at the gate by Mom, who was watching Bear play in the backyard. He was butt-naked, so I assumed he was running around with the hose or something. Anywho, he ran up on the patio and started to pee. I don’t know if he’s ever seen himself pee before, because we usually don’t let him run around naked. He was very amused by it though.
“Look, mommy!” he cried, starting down at himself. “Look at that!”
Mom and I laughed. This was the second “potty moment” in the back yard that Bear had this summer. You can read the other one in my entry “Monkey Boy Is In Our Kiddie Pool.”

And the last thing, as I promised in my entry “100 Things About Me,” here’s the story of how my friend Thorn and I met:

When I was younger, my best friend in the world was my next-door neighbor, KayKay. One day, we went to one of her friend’s houses, which was a block away. When I walked into the friend’s back yard, I saw a girl dressed entirely in black running around carrying a baby doll with a small group of children chasing her shouting “Give it back! Give it back!”
Wanting to play the hero, I somehow got the girl next to a wall and punched her as hard as I could in the gut. (I’d never do that today. I regret what I did)

As it turns out, the kids, including the girl, were playing dress up. The girl, who turned out to be Thorn, dressed in black play clothes pretending to be the kidnapper, and the family was chasing her around the yard trying to get their baby back. It was all just a part of the game.

I don’t quite remember what happened next, but I’m pretty sure that the horrified kids ran to get their mom and I was never allowed back there again. Somehow (I don’t remember this either) Thorn and I met again, this time in a much friendlier way and we ended up being best friends. Life is a curious thing, ain’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home