Kitten's Korner

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Practice Makes Perfect

The title of this isn't totally true. Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent. If you practice it wrong, you'll perform it wrong. Just though I should say that before I get on with my story.

I had asked to speak in front of the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes, or Anybodies, as my school says) for the second time this year, and the dean of students, who is in charge of it, said that I could. I did a pretty good job the first time, and I love to speak in front of groups (yeah, I know, I'm crazy) so I figured, "Why not go in for a second?" This is my last year in middle school, after all, and it would be fun, right? Wrong! In the beginning, I thought that I could procrastinate and practice within two weeks of the 'big day' (which was last Wednesday 4/13/05), but when the time came closer, I started becoming loaded down with homework and didn't have time, and when I did, I did the foolish thing and got online and stuff. Finally, the day arrived and I hadn't practiced once! I had my notes with me, though, so I got the basic point across, but I stuttered, took long pauses, and the way I wrapped it up was, "And...uh...yeah...that's it," and walked off. I left the room crying, but now I look back and laugh. Live and learn, right? I just hope that none of you have to go through that.

Finally, I want to thank those of you who commented on my blog. It's great to hear what you have to say! ^_^

4 Comments:

  • At 15/4/05 12:58 PM, Blogger Will said…

    Practice may not make Perfect, but I think you will never forget that lack of it pretty much guarantees a belly flop.

    Lesson learned, moving on to future successes!

     
  • At 15/4/05 1:43 PM, Blogger lws said…

    just blog hopping yeah..practice makes perfect..Grace under pressure.

    cheers!

     
  • At 21/4/05 9:15 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said…

    You learned a good lesson. It won't be the last time you're embarrassed about something. Just do the best you can in life, and next time...practice.

    You may enjoy my daughter's blog:

    http://www.cmarie88.blogspot.com

    She's a Christian young lady too.

     
  • At 22/5/05 6:25 PM, Blogger Kitten said…

    Thank's Kat. I love you. (like a sister)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home