Kitten's Korner

Friday, April 08, 2005

Hello, World

This is my first real blog. I am Kitten. You are my reader. Now that the introductions are done and over with, on with the blog!

I suppose I should tell a bit about myself so that you, the reader, may be able to relate with me a little bit. I like every style of music under the sun from the scream-your-head-off heavy metal to the oh-so-hated country. Mostly, though, I listen to Christian rock and rap; however, I have taken a particular liking to Rebecca St. James and music from musicals, Broadway or otherwise. My latest musical favorite is Cats. My dad went to Australia as a senior in high school and got to see it live, the lucky thing. He bought the tapes and kept them in his large collection of various 80's tapes. One of the girls at my voice recital sang Memory, and my dad and I got talking about Cats. Long story short, he let me borrow the tapes and I've been listening to them over and over. Them my friend let me borrow the movie so I could actually see it instead of just listen to the music. I liked it a lot, except for the fact that the movie left out the song, Growl Tiger's Last Stand, which was my favorite song on the tapes. I had been looking forward to seeing it, but other than that, I loved it.

My favorite author is S.E. Hinton. I am currently working on a continuation on the Outsiders for extra credit in my English class. Writing is one of my absolute favorite things to do on my free time, as well as reading, singing, and doing pencil sketches of everything from fairies to my friends to X-men characters that my friends and I made up. That's another thing I like to do. I'll take a really cool movie, book, TV show, etc., create characters to add in, and write my own little adventures about them. I do original stuff too, but it's kind of fun to work off of something someone already started.

Hot Topic is the best store in the world. Dad went there and saw a shirt that he thought I would like that said, "I used to have super powers, but my shrink took them away." As he thought, I fell in love with it and am determined to get it. I love stupid little phrases like that. I'm planning on making myself a shirt that says, "Forget Simon! I'd rather listen to what Jesus says!"

I could go on and on forever, but unfortunately there is no time. I apologize for any spelling errors that are in my blog, and those to come. I am a horrible speller, and the spell check on my computer isn't working. Please forgive me for that.

God bless you all. Until next time,
Kitten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home