Kitten's Korner

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia is, as Lemony Snicket would say, a word which here means, a word used to describe one of the various sounds that Kitten hears as she sits in her room in the basement. I stayed home sick today, so I got very acquainted with these noises. There’s a drizzling sound coming from somewhere, I'm not quite sure where, footsteps of my family walking around on the main floor, the purring and content whines of my cat, Tigger, who enjoys sleeping at the foot of my bed, the voices of my two youngest brothers singing "DAY-O! DAY-AY-AY-O! DAYLIGHT COME AND ME WAN' GO HOME!" at the top of their lungs upstairs, and then there's the loudest and most odd noise of all: the sound of the heater, which is conveniently placed in the room next to mine. As of recently, you can hear the heater throughout the entire house. It starts up with an alien-like "Bwee-oooo! Bwee-oooo!" and then comes the low, rumbling, "WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" and it's going to keep doing that until the repairman shows up. Please God, let him come soon!!!

My cat, Tigger, is one of the sweetest of all God's creations, but with a few minor setbacks. First, because he loves us so much, he leaves "offerings" of animal insides on our porch. Also, he gets up in your face whenever you're trying to do your homework or read. Finally, there's the drool. When he's really happy, he starts to drool a little. It drips down from his mouth and hangs there, suspended in midair, until it slowly drops onto his chest or your arm. Okay, so maybe he's not the greatest cat in the world, but I still love him. ^_^

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home