Kitten's Korner

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Lots of Junk About My Life This Last Week

Last Saturday, I went out of town with G-ma for a girl’s day out thing. Of course, we went in the Miata. There was just no accepting the alternative!

Anyway, we went to Famous Footwear where I got new tennis shoes (my old ones had a hole in the toe) and green Converse High Tops! Robo was so jealous! We went to the mall, Barnes and Noble, and a gorgeous Chinese restaurant called China Road. Not only did they have amazing food, but also for a centerpiece they carved a white bird and a beautiful yellow flower out of some kind of vegetable (Mom thinks that it’s a radish). I had such a fun time, despite the 104-degree weather.

We got new carpet today. It was supposed to happen yesterday, but something went wrong (I’m not sure on all the details yet) so they did it this morning instead. My brother stayed the night at G-ma’s these last two nights because when the old carpet was taken off, it revealed a bunch of tack board that Mom and Dad didn’t want us stepping on.

I’m a volunteer at the local library, and the other day at the end of my ‘shift’ there was a knitting class there. My friend, Thorn, who went every week, had been telling me about how fun and soothing it was and that my friend’s girlfriend, Robyn was one of the teachers, so I decided to go. Robyn taught me the basic technique, but I kept doing something wrong; the yarn kept getting too tight around the needle. I thought I was copying her exactly, and I was starting to get a headache out of frustration. So much for being “soothing.” But she found out what I was doing wrong and things went great from there on out. Doing it right calmed me down a lot, and Thorn and I went on knitting even after class was done. We sat in the back of the library with our yarn and needles and chatted.

I’ve finished a story I’ve been working on since halfway through the year. Now all I have to do is send it to my wonderful editor (aka, Dad) and have him check it out. We’re going to send it in to get published once all the little quirks are fixed. I’ll post it on the blog, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home