Kitten's Korner

Sunday, November 27, 2005

And The Winner Is...

Alright, now that the luck has been wished, I might as well tell you how the Speech competition went.

First off, I was triple entered, which is worse than it sounds. I'm not saying it wasn't fun competing in three different things, but it does get stressful trying to get to each of your rooms, which are usually all the way across the school from each other. You get to your first room, perform, ask to be dismissed, and race to find the next room you need to be in. You have to do this three times in both rounds. It makes you very tired at the end of the day.

In case you were wondering, the three things I competed in were Dramatic Interp., performing a clip from The Boys Next Door, Oral Interp. Of Poetry, and Duo Impromptu, which is where you and a partner are given a topic and a few minutes to prepare, and then you have to come into the room and improvise the whole thing.

And how did I do, you ask? Not as well as I had hoped. I didn't bring home any medals, but I did get second place in one of my poetry rounds! Yay!

So, anyway there it is. Next competition is on Dec. 2, so I have that to look forward to. If I work harder this time, who knows? I could bring home first!

1 Comments:

  • At 28/11/05 9:38 AM, Blogger katiescarlet said…

    I was in speech competitions during college. I did the single improv! congrats on the second place and do great in Dec.!
    God bless

     

Post a Comment

<< Home