Kitten's Korner

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Squashfest!

Squashfest! We had our second Speech meet yesterday. This one was called "Squashfest" because the runners up get...you guessed...a small squash to take home and let rot. Also because the school thought squash would be a cool November-y theme.

Anyway, this meet wasn't nearly as painful as the last one. I didn't bring my script along, hoping that maybe I could do better if I knew that crutch wasn't available. Well, actually, it was because I couldn't find it, but that's beside the point. LOL But I was right. I forced my self to remember all my lines, and ran over all the trouble bits in my head before I performed, and, lo and behold, I did pretty well. Got third place in both my rounds. It's not enough to get to finals, but it was enough to make me happy.

I did a second event this tournament, one only offered at Squashfest. It's called Duo Impromptu. Basically, what happens is you and your partner are given three random topics. You choose one of those topics, and then the two of you have five minutes to make a speech about it. It's really a lot of fun. First round was okay, except that my partner ended just before we hit three minutes. The time limit is 5-7 minutes. We got last place, needless to say. Next round was better. The topic was harder, Survivor Speech Forensics, (i haven't seen Survivor since the first season was on air) but we got third place there. ^_^

Two of our people made it to finals, so we watched them and waited through the award ceremony. It was 11 by then, and I was half asleep. It had been a long day. I slept the whole bus ride home except for when I was looking at my ballots. Then I got home, went to bed, woke up, and here I am typing this. Yay!

Oh yeah, and One Act auditions were the other day. I made lead in "Sorry, Wrong Number". -happy dance-

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home