Kitten's Korner

Monday, November 20, 2006

My weekend

So, my weekend was quite the adventure. It goes as follows:

Saturday, the first thing I did was clean my room. Now, why this may not sound exciting, it really was, because I haven't seen my floor in at least 2 months, and finding it again was almost miraculous. It feels really nice being in a clean room again. I think I'm going to try to keep it that way. (Inner voice: Yeah, like that's ever going to happen)

After that, I went to a photo shoot. A photographer friend of ours, Terry, wanted to make business cards with my face on them so I can hand them out to my friends and say "See this? This photographer rocks. Get your Senior pics from him." The best of the shoot, I posted in my photo gallery. They're the last two on the list. Check them out ^_^

Finally, at about 6:30, came what I had been looking forward to all week. Randy, his friend Michael, Amber, and I were all going to go out to see Stranger than Fiction (which was a very good movie, by the way. I recommend it). Now, I had never met Michael before, and all I knew of him was Randy saying "He's my complete opposite." I had expected that this meant something along the lines of him being a little more out spoken than Randy is. No. The description was extreamly accurate. The first thing he said to me when we piled into the car was, "Hey, just so you know, I'm a stud." Then he went on about how he met these two hott girls at Taco Bell who were going to another movie and were probably going to call him later. Little did he know (and I only found this out today) that those two "hott girls" were actually two very close friends of mine. Small world.

So the night went on with Randy, Amber and I kind of following Michael around the mall as he gave high fives to everyone he encountered. This kid has no fear. I was waiting for someone to clock him, but it never happened. He just got a lot of strange looks.

Sunday, Terry (the photographer) came over with the pictures, and Randy came and hung out for a few hours. My grandparents came over, and so Randy got to meet them. I expect that it was an odd first impression though. Grandma was skimming over the pictures and noticed that in one of them that I was wearing a ring that looked strangely like a wedding band. Noting this, she turned and shot a stare at Randy who, turning red, backed up in an "I swear it wasn't me!" kind of way. I explained to her that it was my purity ring and she need not worry. She laughed.

We then all sat down in the living room, talking and laughing, and Randy played "Stairway to Heaven" on our guitar quite awesomely. Soon, though, everyone had to leave because Mom and Dad had to go to a small group meeting and so I watched Monster House with the little one and tucked him into bed.

So, yeah. Pretty awesome weekend. I had fun, anyway.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home