Kitten's Korner

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

weekend

I wanted to get to this earlier, but I've been home sick for the last couple of days and haven't been in much of a mood for writing. I'm feeling a little better now, though, so it's time to tell about the LAST SPEECH MEET OF THE YEAR! Duh duh duh DUH!!!

Well, technically it's no the last meet. We still have districts, but it's the last normal meet. It was last Friday. I had felt fine in the morning, but after the hour long drive to the school were it was being hosted, I had a sore throat, headache, and a fever. Yay, me. All that made the competition interesting. Very interesting, in fact. More so than I had expected, because for some reason, I made it into finals!! I don't if this sounds like a big deal or not, but I haven't broken into finals once all year. Being the last meet before districts, I was elated. I ended up getting 11th place out of 70 odd competitors over all. Now I'm excited for next week. I feel as if I might have a chance at making it to state.

The ride home was unpleasant, despite my high ranking. It was the wind was blowing like mad, sweeping snow over the road and blocking our vision. There were times when we literally couldn't see anything. I was scared out of my whits. Plus, my headache had come back worse than before. I was in tears by the time we were finally home.

After a long sleep, my headache was gone, but my throat was still sore and my fever hadn't gone away. For three days, I was confined to my room which gave me a lot of time to do stuff like watch a ton of movies and a few episodes of an anime that my friend introduced me to on youtube. That and talk for hours on the phone with my boyfriend. He was a sweety, saving me from my lonesomeness.

So that was about the extent of it all. My fever went away last night, but I'm still to weak to try to go to school yet. Maybe tomorrow. At least I'm not contagious so can be upstairs now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home